7 total views, 1 views today
Let us tell you the history and the heritage of Saumur towns and villages during a discovery visit or a themed visit. Your guide will give you the keys to better understand the riches of our region and will make you discover inaccessible places outside the guided tours. Saumur has been recognized as a city of art and history since 2007 and is part of a process of valorisation and animation of its architectural, furniture, natural, landscape, urban and ethnological heritage. Throughout the year, the City of Art and History service offers a varied program of visits, conferences and events for the general public. Saumur tours are provided by certified guide-speakers.
Themed tours and conferences. In July-August:
– “Walk through the closed city”: itinerary in the ancient fortified city. Visit in French or English.
– “Saumur, equestrian and military city”: the district of the Cavalry School and its historical buildings (barracks of the 18th century, rides and stables of the 19th century).
– “Nantilly, secrets troglodytes”: an unusual stroll in the secret entrails of the district of Nantilly.
– “L’Isle d’Offard, from one bank to the other”: a little-known district of Saumur, nestled between two arms of the Loire.
– “The Fenet quarter”: discovery of the Royal Chapel of Notre-Dame des Ardilliers and the vestiges of the pasture industry (making rosaries).Family visits and workshops
– “On the trail of the animals”: playful visit in search of the animals represented on the monuments and the facades of the city.
– “Atelier Girouet on the banks of the Loire”: discovery of the old Loire riverboat and making a personalized weather vane.
– “At the Castle Assault”: visit of the castle of Saumur and model workshop.
Discover The Villages Of Saumurois
During the summer season, guided or themed tours are organized in several villages of Saumur. These visits are animated either by the staff of the Tourist Offices, or by inhabitants who are passionate about the heritage of their commune.
– Guided tours of the village, “Les Mercredi de Montsoreau”
– Themed visits around the troglodytes
– Guided tours of the city, “Tantôt Histoire, sometimes Wine”
– Nightly dramatized visits “Montreuil in the colors of time »
In the Puy-Notre-Dame: –
Guided tours of the Collegiate Church and the village.
In the Gennes area:
– Themed visits “Les Jeudis du Gennois”: visit of a village, a heritage site or discovery of local know-how.
– Visit of the panoramic bell tower.