91 total views, 0 views today
Tour Guide Ideas
3 circuit options are available on the back of the map that you are given at the entrance. What is nice is that whichever option you choose, you will each time have a tour adapted to your entry on the site ( Porta Marina, Piazza Anfiteatro, or Piazza Esedra ).
In summary :
- Full day tour. Ideal for seeing the ruins of Pompeii.
- Half-day tour. Ideal for seeing most of the Pompei site, the best preserved ruins and the main buildings.
- 2 hour tour. Quick tour of the ancient Roman city which allows to see about fifteen curiosities on average.
Get started in advance!
- In order not to have to wait for hours in front of the gate, think of buying the ticket cut-line to visit Pompei!
- We do not often advise guided tours because we like to soak up the places alone, by documenting upstream but Pompei is a very large site and one can quickly get lost and pass before important monuments without realizing it. The stories and anecdotes of an enthusiast necessarily give these old stones another dimension . So if you want to learn more about this major site, we recommend a guided tour of Pompeii .
When to visit the ruins of Pompeii?
Our first recommendation to visit Pompeii is to arrive in the afternoon. To avoid groups, if you travel as we are independent, it is to start by the approaches of Pompeii : amphitheater, vineyards and villas far from the center. At the end of the afternoon, you will enjoy the Forum and the monuments unavoidable present throughout the center with far fewer people.
Rules of access to the site of Pompeii and schedules
3 accesses are possible: Porta Marina – Piazza Esedra – Piazza Anfiteatro
Once inside the ruins area, you are free to walk around. The goal is to find the centers of interest and curiosities of Pompeii hoping not to miss one of the most beautiful vestiges of the city. Indeed, the itineraries of which we speak above are not well indicated. Well, after a few hours, we took the place and by dint of turning, we eventually see everything. We took it as a game. Others will prefer the audioguide or a private guide.
- From April 1 to October 31, open from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm
- From 1 November to 31 March, open from 8.30 am to 5 pm
Attention, the ticket office closes 1h30 before the closing of the site.
Finally, the site is closed on 1 January, 1 May and 25 December.
Rates for visiting Pompeii
There are also different options.
You can buy a 1-day ticket or a 3-day pass to get to the ruins of Pompeii but not only.
- 1 day / Visit of the ruins of Pompeii or Ercolano (Herculaneum) : 11 € full price and 5,50 € reduced price.
- 3 days / 5 sites Pompeii , Ercolano , Oplontis , Stabia and Boscoreale : 20 € full price and 10 € reduced price.
- 1 day / 3 sites Oplontis , Stabia and Boscoreale : 5,50 € full price and 2,75 € reduced price.